WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect your personal data when you place an order, call our Customer Support, sign up for our marketing communications, browse our website or use the other services offered by our website (leblackbox.com). The data we collect includes information you provide to us, such as your full name and your shipping and billing addresses. We also collect data regarding your shopping habits and the pages and products you have viewed from your use of our website.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE DATA
We use the information that we collect to conduct our business and to provide you with the best possible products, services and online shopping experiences. We may also combine any or all of the data that we collect or obtain. Examples of how we use the data:
- Take your orders, process your payments and deliver the items you have purchased;
- Provide any additional services you have requested, such as our marketing communications;
- Give you access to services reserved for registered users, such as Wish Lists and product alerts;
- Deliver your E-mail Newsletter, if you are a subscriber;
- We may share your personal data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Services; conduct quality assurance testing; facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; market the Services; and/or to provide other services to Le Black Box.
Under the Law, we must have a valid legal basis to process your data. In most instances, we will process your data because we have a contract with you e.g. to deliver your purchases or to provide you with other services you have requested. We will also use your personal data to send you sales and marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you if we have your explicit consent for this activity, or if you are an existing customer where we have a legitimate interest in communicating with you. You can opt out of our sales and marketing communications at any time.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which you provided that personal data, unless the law permits or requires that we retain it for longer. The retention period varies depending on the purpose of the processing. For example, the data collected during your purchase of products on leblackbox.com are retained in accordance with local tax law while those data used to send you our marketing communications are retained until you ask to be unsubscribed.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Under the Law, you have the right to:
- Know what personal data of yours we are processing, where that data came from and how we are using that data;
- Ask us to update, correct or supplement the data we hold about you;
- Withdraw consent for processing for a specified purpose;
- Ask us to delete or erase your data from our systems;
- Limit or oppose our processing of your data;
- Ask us to supply the personal data we hold about you in a simple, readable electronic format, or transfer that data direct to a third party nominated by you.
Keeping you and your personal information secure is very important to us. We take a number of reasonable steps to try to protect the personal data that you provide, to include:
- Using a Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) to encrypt the personal data that you send us during the order process (including any financial information such as credit or debit card details);
- Requiring you to establish a password to access your account on our Website;
- Not keeping any details of your credit or debit card that would enable any third party to transact using that credit or debit card (such as your CCV number);
- Regularly monitoring our web servers for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. Unfortunately, despite this, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to or through our Website, and any such transmission is at your own risk. In particular, please keep in mind that if you voluntarily disclose personal information through other means of communication than the Website in a non-protected environment (such as through E-mail, SMS, Online Messages) then that data can be collected and used by others outside of our or your control.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
We may make changes to this Private Policy, and may apply any changes to information previously collected, as permitted by law. When we make material changes to this Private Policy, we will notify you by posting the updated Private Policy on our website, and we will update the effective date at the end of this Private Policy.
PRIVATE POLICY EFFECTIVE DATE:
August 31, 2019